*62nd meeting of the National Assembly Standing Committee on Finance*
Islamabad: 62nd meeting of the National Assembly Standing Committee on Finance and Revenue was held today at 10:00 a.m., in Committee Room No. 5, Parliament House, Islamabad, under the chairmanship of Mr. Faiz Ullah, MNA.
2. Mr. Faiz Ullah, Chairman of the Committee welcomed the participants of the meeting.
3. The Committee discussed The Security Exchange Commission of Pakistan (Amendment) Bill, 2020, clause by clause, however, could not complete its reading, due to short of time and decided that further discussion will be carried out in the next meeting, stackeholders will also be invited.
4. The Committee deferred the following Bills on the request of the Movers/MNAs: –
a) The Eradication of Riba Bill, 2019 (moved by Moulana Abdul Akbar Chitrali,MNA)
b) The Constitution (Amendment) Bill, 2020 (moved by Syed Javed Hasnain, MNA)
5. Dr. Muhammad Afzal Khan Dhandla, MNA/Mover of the matter briefed the Committee pertaining to recoveries of agriculture loans in calamity affected areas and the problems being faced to farmers for recoveries. The President, ZTBL informed the Committee that there exist no relief for the farmers at present that Provincial Board of Revenue, Punjab has not yet declared that areas “as calamity affected” areas. The Committee unanimously directed that recovery of loans in affected areas, as pointed out by the Mover may be deferred till the next meeting of the Committee. The Committee further decided that Board of Revenue, Punjab and Chairperson, Ehsas Program may be invited in the next meeting.
6. The Committee deferred the matter referred by the House regarding share of erstwhile FATA in NFC award (moved by Mr. Gul Zafar Khan, MNA/Mover) due to paucity of time.
7. The meeting was attended by Dr. Aisha Ghous Pasha, Syed Naveed Qamar, Mr. Ali Pervaiz, Dr. Nafisa Shah, Mr. Amjad Ali Khan, Chaudhary Khalid Javed,MNA/Members and Molana Abdul Akbar Chitrali, Dr. Muhammad Afzal Dhandla, and Mr. Gul Zafar Khan, MNAs/Movers and besides the senior officers from M/o Finance and Revenue, ZTBL and Security Exchange Commission of Pakistan.