Islamabad, 09thJuly, 2020;
- The meeting started with the recitation from the Holy Quran,then, the Committee decided to proceed with the agenda. The Committee unanimously confirmed the minutes of its previous meeting held on 11thMarch, 2020 and deferred the agenda item No.II.
- The Committee considered the Progress of Sub-Committee constituted under the Convenership of Ch. Mehmood Bashir Virk, MNA for consolidation of laws relating to child rights in Pakistan; it was inform to the Committee that the Sub-Committee was lapsed on 14-02-2020;after completion of its time as provided under the Rules. It was also observed by the Committee that as it is a matter of grave public importance hence, it requires further and conclusive deliberations. It was decided that a new Sub-Committee will be constituted on the subject. The Committee further observed to merge and consider the agenda item No.V along with this agenda.
- The Committee considered the Post legislative scrutiny of:
a) Prevention of Electronic Crimes Act, 2016;
b) Labour Laws in Pakistan ;
c) Jail manual;
The Committee unanimously constituted a Sub-Committee under Rule 224 (1) of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the National Assembly, 2007 with the following Composition and ToRs:-
1) Mr.Sher Ali Arbab, MNA Convener
2) Ms.Nafisa Shah, MNA Member
3) Mr.Usman Ibraheem MNA Member
4) Ms.Aliya Kamran MNA Member
TERMS OF REFERENCE:-
i. Conduct Post legislative scrutiny of,Prevention of Electronic Crimes Act, 2016 and make proposals for improvement and enhancement of effectiveness of same, and;
ii. The report of the sub-committee shall be presented not later than thirty days.
The Committee deferred the agenda mentioned as (b) & (c) above.
- The Committee considered the agenda, Discussion on Judicial Reforms and mode of appointment of Judges of High Courts after detailed deliberations the Committee deferred the same for reconsideration.
6.Due to paucity of time, Committee did not consider the remaining agenda and deferred the same.
- Hon. Members/MNAs/Movers Mr.Atta Ullah. Mr.Lal Chand,Mr. Ms. KishwarZehra, Mr. Muhammad Sana Ullah Khan Masti Khel,Malik Muhammad Ehsan UllahTiwana,Mr.Sher Ali Arbab, Ch.Mehmood Bashir Virk, Mr.Usman Ibrahim,Mr.Saad Waseem,Syed Hussain Tariq,Ms.Nafeesa Shah,Syed Naveed Qamar,Ms. Aliya Kamranand Secretary Ministry of law and justice along with staff attended the meeting.